All India Level
• Chairman, Lions Coordination Committee of India (2005)
• Trainer at all DGE/VDGE All India training programs (2001-2019)
• National Coordinator for Akshaya Patra program: providing daily mid-day meals to 25000 children
• Chairman, Ad hoc Committee to revamp the curriculum for All India training program for DGEs/VDGEs
• Organized All India Lions meet (2004), Golden Jubilee of LCI in India (2005), and the meeting of the International Board of Directors at Kolkata (2005)
Nominated as Task Force member for membership development in India (2019)
Served as a faculty at All India DGE/VDGE training seminars (2001-2019)
• Chairperson National SF Committee of India (the body that coordinates the development of 150 Lions Eye Hospitals, working collaboratively with SF department to organize SF Conclaves annually with the participation of globally renowned community ophthalmologists and experts)
• Compiled Members Handbook and its CD for circulation to all clubs in India
• Publication of Speaking Cards (now distributed to leaders across the world for the past 7years)
Served as District Governor of District 322B in 2000-2001.
Initiated many service projects in the district.
The ISAAME Area Forum was hosted in Kolkata during his governorship.
He initiated a District Policy Manual in his district
Charter Member of Lions Club of Calcutta Vikas
Served as Council Chair MD322 (2001-02)
Pioneered and introduced the system of paperless Council meetings (2006, continuing since then)
Chairperson of Eastern India Lions Leadership Academy: web based portal for learning and platform for conversation between Lions of the world, use of webinars and video conferencing since 2007, and running the first microfinance program of the Association with an outlay exceeding USD 350,000
• Promoted LCI assisted programs titled “Beyond Belief” and “Gold Underground” that won 14 international film festival awards, including renowned film festivals at Chicago, Paris, San Francisco, Lisbon and Mumbai
• Organised presence of globally acclaimed speakers at Isaame Forum at Kolkata, including debating teams from Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard.
• Launched the first Lions website in Isaame in 1997
• Keynote speaker at various district conventions and training programs of Rotary International in India • Judge and participant at exhibition debates and panel discussions on topics of social relevance